Your cart is empty!GO TO CHECKOUT
Madshus uses laces to provide the best, most customizable fit that does not loosen in use.
To achieve the best fit from your Madshus boots, try these lacing techniques.
- Increasing heel hold – Marathon lacing
If you have a narrow heel, this lacing can help hold your foot more securely in the heel of your boot.
On the top two webbing loops :
- lace straight up from one to the other instead of across
- Then lace across and through the loop that is formed
- Tie a regular knot at the top.
This loop creates a pulley-effect to create more heel hold.
- Different tightness in different places
Do you want to have low pressure on your forefoot and a snug fit in the midfoot and rearfoot?
- Lace the forefoot to the desired tension.
- Cross the laces twice.
- Continue lacing.
- Tension the midfoot to the desired tension. The forefoot tension should not change.
- Surfer’s Knob – High, Irritated point on top of instep
To avoid pressure on this spot, skip one crossing of the laces. Instead lace up from one webbing eyelet to the one directly above.